Mike Gastineau:      SEAHAWKS LUCKY THINGS DIDN’T GET WORSE Read More

Breaking KZOK news from tour promoter, Live Nation:

EAGLES CONCERT IN SEATTLE,  RESCHEDULED TO MAY 26!

Due to an illness of Eagles bassist/vocalist Timothy B. Schmit, the Eagles concert at KeyArena scheduled for tonight, Thursday, May 13,  has been postponed until Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fans should retain their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled concerts.

For questions or more information regarding this postponement, call 206-684-7200.

eagle 1 Eagles Concert @ Key Arena POSTPONED

Eagles postpone Seattle show. Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Comments (30)
  1. chris says:

wow we were about to head to seattle thanks…

2. Doc says:

As usual, your site is the only one with this information on it. Thanks, KZOK!

3. Tracy says:

WTF??? A lttle late to cancel isn’t it?

4. Shelley says:

Wow, we were just about to leave Vancovuer…thanks for the info! As usual you guys are the only ones with the news! Thank gawd I saw them the two nights here already. Does anybody know if they are still good to go for Friday nights show here?

5. Bobbi says:

wow my son had already left from eastern WA

6. Becky says:

Drove from Yakima and got at our Motel around three. Concert was cancelled at two. Found out when we got there. I do hope it is not something serious but it made for a long expensive day for us. I felt really bad for the lady who flew in from Alaska at our Motel!!!

1. mark says:

YEah- we drove from Kennewick and found out at N. Bend. Between taking time off from work for me and wife and gas and lost hotel room –out 1K What a bunch of F_king BS, They haven’t cancelled Vancouver BC for tommorow–I call total BS. I wish we could sue of shit like this!

2. Ashley says:

actually the concert was precisely cancelled at 1:30.

7. sandy says:

This has cost four of us 1 and half days of work, 2 nights in a hotel and all the other expenses that go along with traveling. I hope T.S. is not very ill but really, can we recoup any expenses? How about some money back for the show that will cause us to pay for all of this again?

8. Ashley says:

i just found out today from my sister, i thought she was yankin’ my chain, joking with me. But when i saw it myself online i was absolutely f*cking pissed off, i could not believe it. I was ecstatic to go, then this had to happen. My parents and aunt and uncle took the friday off, and my grandparents drove up from eastern washington. how could Timothy b. Schmidt get sick on the day of the concert? Why wasn’t the word out until today? this is still f*ckin’ unbelievable.

9. gary says:

Any word on the May 17 concert in Portland?

10. Jiff says:

Yeah, bummer for those from out of town. I should have had a classic rock station on. I was bar hopping to Key when I entered the Center Bistro & Bar at 6:30pm and saw a notice stating the cancellation, “but come in for drinks and food”. That was nice of the Bistro & Bar.

What’s the deal with 3 Eagles shows in Vancouver?

05.09.10 – Vancouver, BC – GM Place
    05.10.10 – Vancouver, BC – GM Place
    05.13.10 – Seattle, WA – Key Arena
    05.14.10 – Vancouver, BC – PNE Coliseum
    05.17.10 – Portland, OR – Rose Garden
    05.18.10 – Boise, ID – Idaho Center
    05.20.10 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center
    05.22.10 – Ontario, CA – Citizens Business Bank Arena
    05.23.10 – San Diego, CA – Cricket Wireless Amphitheater

11. Kim says:

My family and I came from Anchorage and found out about 2 hours before “show time”. We’re out the money for the airline tickets, concert tickets, and the hotel that we ended up not staying in….You’re telling me someone couldn’t step in and play bass? Thanks for nothing, guys.

1. Renee says:

Were you able to get a refund on the tickets? Apparently I’m out $500 on mine.

12. Gail says:

Just returned to Wenatchee from our overnight Seattle trip, minus The Eagles. Spent money on time off from work, gas, hotel, dinner and breakfast. Get to do it all again on May 26th. At least it was beautiful today in the Emerald City.

13. Dennis says:

There must be 100 cover bands in Seattle who could have sent over a bassist. Get real! One of our employees took 2 days off of work and flew down from Anchorage. What a joke!

14. Rhonda says:

Has any1 heard of the reschedule date for the Portland show..May 17th?

15. Rhonda says:

has any1 heard of a reschedule date for the Portland concert on May 17th?

1. nate says:

thank god i went to watch them in Sacramento. they where great. that sucks for al of you that came from out of town.

16. Kelly says:

We traveled all the way to Seattle from Juneau, Alaska to see the Eagles. While we were very disappointed the show was cancelled, we would have it no other way than to have Timothy play rather than some nameless bassist. We are coming back on the 26th for the show and are looking forward to an awesome concert.

17. jdachdog says:

Replace bassist? Are you crazy…..he is a singer too. Don’t mess with their sound. It’s the chance we take when you travel for a show, always have a plan B. Its worth the try for “The Eagles”.

18. Becky says:

I just heard Timothy Schmit had surgery. Has anyone heard about about the May 26th concert?

19. Renee says:

First time purchasing tickets for out of state concert. Advised a few hours before concert, it was cancelled and rescheduled. Spent money on tickets, airfare, hotel etc. Called company to get refund, said they were not going to refund, appraently Sloven LLC a/k/a Anytime, Inc. (brokers) purchased the tickets from Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster name on tickets etc., Ticketmaster, says they cannot control brokers buying tickets and will not refund, Sloven said they will not refund. Cannot afford to go back to Seattle a week and a half after the fact. Total Bust. DO NOT USE TICKETMASTER OR SLOVEN LLC TICKETS to purchase tickets.

20. DJP says:

Dont book any trips until you are absolutly certain of the concert date. The eagles have cancelled the shows in Portland, Vancouver, Boise, and it looks like Denver wil be next.

The Seattle date announcement was premature. They have to reschedule all the remaining west coast dates.

What they may end up doing since they have a stadium tour to start in June back east is that they may postpone these western dates until August or September….after the stadium tour.

The devil in the details is what the surgery was on. Glenn Frey had to have his appendix removed so concert dates were cancelled and the rescheduled for later. If they change dates maybe they may change venues to outdoor…not sure of their contracts…or maybe add a show like in the Gorge.

I was going to the Portland show because of logistics it was just easier since I was already going down to Portland Monday night for stuff on Tuesday.

1. Jiff says:

Tim will be ready for Denver tomorrow. Read his account of his almost-a-week stay in Seattle at Seattle Music & More:

21. shawna says:

Wow ! what a great fan! A true caring fan would not act like this!!! thank god he is fine.

22. skybond says:

Tell me about it. My wife and I were going to the third concert in Vancouver on May 14. We travelled from Sydney, Australia and were extremely disappointed. Thought contingencies for a members illness may have been in place. I know this is selfish, but more than likely we will never ever have the chance to see the world’s greatest band ever again

23. FugsquiqUelig says: